Sunday, March 8, 2009

Life as a Wildcat

There are a few principles that come to mind when I think about what I want out of my players. They are simple and easy to do and are found in those that possess great discipline. I believe a I can sum it up on one statement:

Be a good person!


This includes being a good son or brother. Respect your parents and what they do for you. They provide a great deal for you and commit a great deal of time and energy for you and your success.

Be a good student. Respect your teachers and the fact that they are sorely underpaid to put up with your nonsense day in and day out. Don't give them problems in class, do your work, and do it to the best of your ability. You have to try hard to make an F in high school.

Be a good citizen. Help in your community by volunteering your time and energy to others. It is a great feeling to accomplish something for someone else when you don't stand to benefit from it.

Be a good friend. Find those you trust and give them your trust and don't do anything to jeopardize that. Good friends are hard to come by in this world and you have the potential to have 60 of them on this team.

As the head coach, I will always have higher expectations of my players than of the average student. I expect my own children to behave better and try harder than other students, I expect my "football kids" to do the same thing.

Remember who you are and represent the N!

No comments:

Post a Comment